Weather is a major factor in deciding the time to travel to a country. In Egypt weather plays an important role in attracting tourists to different parts of the country. The weather of most Egyptian regions tend to be hot in summer and warm in winter although the cities located at the north coast of the Mediterranean like Alexandria, Port Said and Marsa Matrouh have a warm weather in summer and cold in winter with temperature ranging from 25-30 ºC (77-86 ºF) in summer while in winter temperature in northern coast of Egypt can be as low as 10 ºC (50 ºF). Although regions like Sharm El Sheikh and Aswan are as far as 1000 km the weather is approximately the same in both areas, with temperature as high as 40 ºC (104 ºF) in summer and around 12 ºC (55 ºF) in winter. The difference in weather throughout Egypt makes it ideal for spending your holiday there in any time of the year. So if you are seeking a hot sunny weather to have a tan you can go to Luxor or Aswan in summer but I would suggest you plan to visit these cities in winter (ideally in December - February). If you want to enjoy the beach and have a swim in the Mediterranean, have our advice and go to Alexandria or Marsa Matrouh in summer (May - September). The weather in Sharm El Sheikh is perfect for people seeking non-humid sunny and clean non-polluted air with temperatures as high as 40 ºC (104 ºF). But my advice to you is to visit Sharm El sheikh (Sinai in general) in winter. You can enjoy the Christmas and new year in Sharm El Sheikh but try to make reservation as early as possible as these times are the most crowded of the year in Sharm.
Tips to protect you from weather conditions:
1. If the weather is sunny and hot try to use sun protection lotions and wear a hat.
2. If you have a fair skins do not expose your skin to the sun for much time
3. When you are in the beach stay under the umbrella if you are not in water
4. Do not take a walk in the sun in midday; try to take your walks in the evening
5. Wearing sunglasses may help protect you for bright sun rays
6. If you visit Alexandria in winter be prepared for some rain
7. If the weather is windy be sure to protect your eyes from dust